A place to share the creations of Hearts & Minds both and the fusions of fine arts,Poems, Science,Business and daily life...To share miraculous victories in life to let all draw inspirations...To share examples of daunting courage,unflinching Hope, unprecedented Life force,Will power & above all "FAITH&" with which people color the beautiful landscapes of life...Delta to Sigma - Collect,share & spread such inspirations for all....

Thursday, February 7, 2019

My Favourite songs- Joan Baez : 500 Miles

My Favourite  songs-  Joan Baez : 500 Miles

In a career spanning over 55 years and over 30 albums, Joan Baez is still touring and still mesmerizing audiences all over the world. Her social activism has provoked and inspired, encouraging many other performers who followed to stand up for their beliefs.


Baez’s ‘We Shall Overcome’  became prominent during the Civil Rights Movement in the 60’s;  she marched with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and performed the song at rallies. 500 miles is another soulful performance from her with keen sensitivity enveloping every beat and note.



In addition to supporting civil rights as an artist and worker, Baez participated in university free-speech efforts led by students and the antiwar movement, calling for an end to the conflict in Vietnam. Beginning in 1964, she would refuse to pay part of her taxes to protest U.S. military spending for a decade. 



She was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Grammy in 2007.

500 miles lyrics

If you miss the train I'm on,
You will know that I am gone,
You can hear the whistle blow, a hundred miles.
A hundred miles, a hundred miles,
A hundred miles, a hundred miles.
You can hear the whistle blow, a hundred miles.
Lord, I'm one, Lord I'm two
Lord, I'm three, Lord I'm four,
Lord, I'm five hundred miles away from home.
Not a shirt on my back,
Not a penny to my name,
Lord, I can't go back home this away.
This away, this away, this away, this away.
Lord, I can't go back home, this away.
If you miss the train I'm on, you will know that I am gone,
You can hear the whistle blow, a hundred miles.
A hundred miles, a hundred miles,
A hundred miles, a hundred miles.
You can hear the whistle blow, a hundred miles.


No comments:

My Pride